Since B came back from his trip over two weeks ago, I’ve been spending almost every spare moment with him, watching movies, going to ball games, shopping, catching up with friends, hanging out in coffee shops. It’s all good, but it means my book projects have been seriously neglected.
Here are a few projects I’m working on:
– A commission for 2 fabric-covered notebooks. I had never made my own bookcloth before, and talk about tricky! The first two attempts were disasters, but by the third sheet, I started to get the hang of it, although the results aren’t perfect yet. Argh!
– A special project that will soon be published in a national magazine. I’ve been given yet-to-be-released papers by the editor-in-chief of the magazine – very yummy! I’ve been slowly working on this project, as I’m so afraid to screw it up (and this time I don’t have the option of running to the store for more paper if I mess it up…). More details to come…
– A maquette of a dos-à-dos (back-to-back) book for a commission. A coworker wants me to make a book for her friend who has several styles when it comes to decorating and fashion. Since we couldn’t decide on a single design, I suggested we make a dos-à-dos book with two completely different themes…we’ll see if the reality turns out to be as good as my vision.
– A baby book for an aquaintance on the verge of giving birth. I really want to push my creativity for this one, and come up with something totally off the wall.
– Workshops. I have 5 or 6 scheduled for this month alone. Check out the Events and Workshops page for more details.
Enough to keep me busy for sure, but I need to find the time to work on all these projects! Things have really picked up at work, and my days are so filled, I have no energy for book-making when I get home in the evenings.
I have made a few other books the past few weeks, including two that I really, really love. I’ll post more about them soon.
Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with the blog – I’ll try to be better!